Owing Hong Leong Bank RM7000 – A Scam
Robert was suspicious because the caller does not speak very good English. There is also sound of fan turning at the background; why would a bank use a fan instead of air-conditioning system.
Therefore, beware of such scam. It is not difficult for anyone to obtain your full name, I.C number, and your home address. Therefore, do not believe instantly what you hear. Please be careful not to review any of the following information to the scammer :
1) Your credit card number (if you happened to have one)
2) The 3 digit number behind your credit card
3) Your bank account numbers and PIN number
4) Logon to your internet banking and perform transaction (transfer money)
5) Review your internet login and password
Remember, your bank have all your details, they do not need the details from you. If he claims to be a policeman, do not instantly believe him. Talk to a policeman in a police station, not on the phone.
You can get Hong Leong contact number from the web link below, or perform a google search for Hong Leong Bank.